Wednesday, March 21, 2012

REVIEW - The Value Pack

For my first review, I want to go over the Value Pack.  This is what I mentioned in my Getting Started post.  It offers a variety of products at a deeper discount that what you already get.  Purchasing this in your first two months will also double your bonuses, should you decide to promote the Melaleuca line.  I'll go over each item that I received, what I thought about it and varying uses (if applicable).  You may receive slight variations if you were to purchase this pack, ex: different flavors.

So, let's get started!

EcoSense® CLEANING PRODUCTS:
  • MelaPower 6x Fresh Scent (48 Loads) : This is one of my favorite products.  I love how fresh my clothes, towels, bed sheets, etc. smell & feel when I finish washing the laundry.  They feel cleaner, and smell amazing.  I have used this on brand new clothes, and they come out looking just as nice as when I bought them.  I have not been experiencing the "balling" or "pills" on my nicer new clothes that usually occur after a few washes.  This line has become a staple in our house.
  • MelaBrite™ 6x Color–Safe Brightener (48 Loads) : I started using this a little later than the MelaPower.  This is your Clorox 2 replacement.  So far, I have noticed that the color of my new clothes have not faded after several washes, and my older clothes have stopped fading.  I haven't been using it for every wash, but will be now.
  • MelaSoft Spring Breeze (48 Loads) : I love using this product on my towels the most.  I love soft, clean towels and this makes them feel wonderful!  I also have a new appreciation for my bed sheets after washing them with this product.
  • PreSpot 4x Laundry Stain Remover : I have used this on several stains that seemed to be stuck in my older clothes, and a couple of times on new stains.  It works just as well, if not better, than Shout (what we were using), and it's saving money, so I will continue to purchase it.
  • Diamond Brite™ Dishwasher Detergent : Another favorite product!  We had started experiencing streaking on our dishes, and I was starting to think we might need a new dishwasher (it's only 5 1/2 years old!).  After running it empty with this product, our dishes come out streak-free and cleaner than before.  My dishwasher also looks brand new on the inside!
  • Sol–U–Mel®Three–in–One Cleaner (4 fl. oz./118 mL) : This product has many functions, but I use it primarily as my Febreze replacement.  I spray it in the air vent filter about once a week and on the couches.  I am planning to expand my uses with it, and will update more.
  • Tough & Tender™ Wipes : LOOOOVE! But, will probably not buy the wipes again.  I plan to just order the concentrated formula to mix and use.  The wipes are convenient, though.  After an initial cleaning with Tub & Tile, I used a Tough & Tender wipe on the 5 1/2 year old make-up stain from Halloween 2006 in our shower.  After years of using everything under the sun, I was shocked that this removed it!  Our shower looks brand new again!
  • Tub & Tile™ Bathroom Cleaner : Awesome product!  It cleans extremely well, and leaves my bathroom smelling fresh instead of like chemicals.  It is similar to scrubbing bubbles in that it foams up, but it is much easier to clean with than scrubbing bubbles - I don't have to wipe everything a dozen times to get the "film" off.

Bath & Body:
  • The Gold Bar® : I don't use bar soap, so I'm waiting for Michael to use this after he runs out of his body soap.
  • The Melaleuca Platinum Bar™ : same as above.
  • Clear Defense™ Hand Gel (2.4 fl. oz./80 mL) : Perfect size for your purse or on-the-go.  It doesn't leave my hands feeling brittle and dry, but I don't use hand sanitizer very often.  I may or may not order this again in the near future.  More likely than not I will, simply because I have a son (i.e. a noise with dirt on it). :)
  • Mint Antibacterial Liquid Soap with pump : This soap reminds me of Aveda's Rosemary Mint line.  I keep it at my kitchen sink, but plan to buy more for the bathrooms.  It's very silky, and leaves my hands feeling soft after I wash them.
  • Exfoliating Mesh Sponge : Same as any other loofah out there!
  • Whitening Tooth Polish w/Fluoride : Another staple in our house!  I'm not a huge fan of gel toothpaste, so this is right up my alley.  My teeth feel fresh and clean, and the cost is relatively the same as the Arm & Hammer we were using.  PLUS, it is a phenomenal ring cleaner!
  • Body Satin™ Body Wash : Love it!  I was using Bath & Body Works, but I never felt completely clean if I had worked out or been sweaty that day.  This body wash leaves me feeling clean, and smelling like Bath & Body Works!
  • Body Satin™ Antiperspirant & Deodorant : I'm a sweater, so I was skeptical of this product.  I have used Dove, Degree, Suave, Secret, you name it; nothing worked like it said it would.  So, imagine my surprise when I used this, went for a 3 mile run and didn't smell like a construction worker when I was done.  They use a plant-based aluminum in it, and that must make all the difference in what I need.  I won't be buying any other antiperspirants again.  And, it is $3 cheaper than the Secret Clinical Strength that I was using.

Nature's Medicine Cabinet™:
  • T36-C5™ brand Melaleuca Oil (0.5 fl. oz./15 mL) : I have still not explored the many uses of this product, but I will say that it is an excellent bug repellent for Ethan and me on our bi-weekly runs!  A better review is forthcoming...
  • MelaGel® (tube) : Have not had a reason to use this product yet, and will review when I have.
  • Pain–A–Trate™ Cream : Have not had a reason to use this product yet, and will review when I have.
  • Renew™ Intensive Skin Therapy Lotion (8 fl. oz./237 mL) : By far, my favorite product!  In the search for the perfect lotion (not too light, not too greasy), I have found my Holy Grail.  You may still use a scented lotion right before or after if you are just looking to smell nice.  However, if you deal with extremely dry skin, like I do, then you will fall in love with this product.  It is super moisturizing without being greasy.  I will be ordering this every.single.month!
  • Sun Shades™ Vanilla Bean Lip Balm : Love, love, love this stuff!  I would have never thought to even consider it had I not ordered the Value Pack.  I put in on every night before bed, and use it occasionally through the day.  My lips have always been dry, and this has ended that.  I chew my lips out of habit because they are so dry, but that has now stopped!

Vitality for Life™:
  • Vitality 4™ (choose Women's, Men's or 50+) : I received the Women's pack, and will continue to order these as well.  I was not too interested in vitamins, but here again, I am happy I ordered the Value Pack.  I feel a difference in my energy and focus each day (important for me, being a new mom).  Because I value the convenience, I will probably order the packets, even though they sell them cheaper in the individual bottles.
  • ProvexCV® : I gave these to my parents to try out since I did not feel that I had a need for them.
  • FiberWise™ Drink—Packets : Tried mixing in water and was disgusted.  Tried mixing in with my breakfast smoothie and was blown away!  I have been trying to get more fiber in my diet, but hate the powder options.  In the future, I will be ordering the tub (which is cheaper) instead of the packets.
  • Simply Fit™ Baked Crackers—Harvest Grain : These are pretty yummy.  I put them out at get-together as a health snack option.  While I won't be ordering them again in the near future, I will probably find I do want them as Ethan gets older and moves up to eating crackers.
  • Access™ Bar—Chocolate Caramel Kruncher (10–pack) : These are your pre-workout energy bars, and I had an eye-opening experience with them!  I would eat one 15 minutes before my runs or double-class gym days.  I felt great through my workouts, and thought, "They're nice, but I'm not sure if I will continue to need them."  Then, I had a run day after running out of them... Then, I had a double-class gym day without one...  I could not believe the difference in my stamina through my workouts!  There was  HUGE difference!  And, I had healthy snacks before both workouts!  These are now in my basket to order every month.
  • Sustain Sport®—Orange Splash Packets : This is your Powerade replacement.  We've only used them once (after our "adult outing" to a friend's St. Patty's Day parade party), and they were great.  I like that I don't have to worry about the sugar content.  I will use what we have, but probably not order any again for a while, unless I get back into running more heavily.

Sei Bella:
  • Timeless Age–Defying Serum : Smells like oranges, and feels nice on my skin.  Won't be ordering again anytime soon, since I don't normally use anything similar.
  • Sei Bella Luxury Moisture Shampoo : I like the way it smells, but I think it makes my hair too soft - especially when it comes to styling.  I will try my old shampoo again before I make my final decision (I use Aveda normally).
  • Sei Bella Luxury Moisture Conditioner : Same as above.

You also receive:
Pumps and Bottles
  • Two EcoSense™ Drain-Back Caps
  • Reusable Laundry Pump
  • PreSpot™ Mixing Spray Bottle
  • Sol–U–Mel®Mixing Spray Bottle
  • Tub & Tile™ Mixing Spray Bottle
Business Building Material
  • BEST Series Coupon
  • Getting Started 2 CD Set

CONCLUSION - The Value Pack is $199 for $320 worth of products, and worth every penny.  It gave me a broad sample of the different Melaleuca lines, helped me see what I like and decide what else I would like to try. 
They also offer a Career Pack ($299 for $460 worth of products) which would convert your entire home to Melaleuca.  Either way you go, you can't lose.  All products are refundable if you decide that you are not satisfied, but I don't think you will!

Please feel free to contact me with any questions! Kristen.Hathcox@gmail.com

    No comments:

    Post a Comment